Current Status (January 2021)
- Persons attending Toward Sailing Club are advised to adhere to the latest guidance from the Scottish Government, RYA, SCA and Scottish Swimming.
- As always, common sense and good hygiene applies.
- The clubhouse remains closed except for maintenance by persons authorised.
- The first aid kit is temporarily located in the club room.
- Water based activities: Members may use their own personal craft at their own risk, observing RYA, SCA, Scottish Swimming guidelines.
- Please keep TSC clean, tidy and hygienic. Sanitising sprays have been placed by the picnic tables and by the entrance gates.
- Remember we do not have rubbish removed due too the prohibitive cost.
- The club have arranged for a dog poo bin to be placed near to the bus terminus.
Welcome to Toward Sailing Club, Toward, Argyll, Scotland
Toward Sailing Club is situated at the southern- most point of the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll. It is located about 8 miles south of Dunoon on the A815 – approximately one and a half hours travel from Glasgow and provides access to some of the best sailing and sea kayaking waters in the country.
The club calendar reflects the varied interests of the members with everything from ceilidhs to cruises, racing and training, along with our section of sea kayakers who also offer training/coaching and various trips and lectures. Be sure to check out the news page for all the latest updates.
The clubhouse is situated on the shore of the Clyde estuary opposite the scenic Isle of Bute, with easy access to the water for trailers, sailors, dinghies, power boats and sea kayaks.
Professionally maintained moorings are provided by the club for its members, while those members without a boat of their own can sail one of the club’s fleet of Topper, Pico and Optimist dinghies. We also have a range of club owned sea kayaks available for member use.
The area immediately off the club provides excellent racing conditions for both dinghies and keel boats. Racing is open to all members including junior members and takes place on Thursdays throughout the season and Sundays at the beginning and end of the season. Toward Sailing Club is also a RYA Training Centre offering training to both adults and juniors. Those who prefer sea kayaking can head out to a wide range of destinations depending on experience and ability.
Toward Sailing Club is on the doorstep to a real adventure! Whether it is a short hop over to one of the many eating places on the Isle of Bute or longer cruises to Loch Fyne and beyond, everyone finds something to suit them when sailing and kayaking out of Toward. Even a visit to the north of Ireland is within easy reach of the more adventurous sailor who have a couple of days to spare. There is even a prize for the best cruising log of the year!
Everyone will be assured a warm welcome at Toward Sailing Club!