COVID-19 UPDATE (July 2020)
As some of the restrictions are now beginning to be lifted, Toward Sailing Club’s Covid Group have updated TSC’s Navigation Route. Guidance is continually sought from the Scottish Government, RYA, SCA and Scottish Swimming. As always, common sense and good hygiene applies.
At TSC we have now moved to our Phase 2.
Outside the clubhouse
- People can meet in extended groups outside with physical distancing. Up to five households at a time and up to a total of 15 people.
- For under 12s (0-11): Children under 12 are not required to maintain physical distancing with other children or adults.
- For 12 and over (12-17): The number of overall households and individuals in a group is as above. However, there is no limit to the number of these groups in a day providing that each contact aligns with the guidance.
- The compound is now open to members and pre booked visitors with current social distancing and hygiene restrictions.
- The board have provided sanitising stations by both locks of the compound, the sink and power sockets. Please use these accordingly.
Inside the clubhouse
- Households can meet indoors with up to two other households (total 3 households, max 8 people) with physical distancing.
- Face coverings to be worn please.
- Toilets, these are now open, again social distancing to be observed.
- Additional hygiene facilities for sanitising door handles / points of contact will be provided.
- Changing rooms now open for members pre booked visitors social distancing to be observed.
- The showers are not to be used.
- Main club room, open for members and pre booked visitors with social distancing observed.
- Kitchen, remains closed, please do not enter.
- The First Aid kit will be temporarily located in the club room, the code for the defibrillator is 870
Water based activities
- As previously, members and visitors may use their own personal craft at their own risk observing RYA, SCA, Scottish Swimming guidelines.
Lastly, please keep TSC clean, tidy, and hygienic. Remember we do not have rubbish removed; we just cannot afford the cost.
If you have any comments or suggestions on our current approach, please get in touch.
Welcome to Toward Sailing Club, Toward, Argyll, Scotland
Toward Sailing Club is situated at the southern- most point of the Cowal Peninsula in Argyll. It is located about 8 miles south of Dunoon on the A815 – approximately one and a half hours travel from Glasgow and provides access to some of the best sailing and sea kayaking waters in the country.
The club calendar reflects the varied interests of the members with everything from ceilidhs to cruises, racing and training, along with our section of sea kayakers who also offer training/coaching and various trips and lectures. Be sure to check out the news page for all the latest updates.
The clubhouse is situated on the shore of the Clyde estuary opposite the scenic Isle of Bute, with easy access to the water for trailers, sailors, dinghies, power boats and sea kayaks.
Professionally maintained moorings are provided by the club for its members, while those members without a boat of their own can sail one of the club’s fleet of Topper, Pico and Optimist dinghies. We also have a range of club owned sea kayaks available for member use.
The area immediately off the club provides excellent racing conditions for both dinghies and keel boats. Racing is open to all members including junior members and takes place on Thursdays throughout the season and Sundays at the beginning and end of the season. Toward Sailing Club is also a RYA Training Centre offering training to both adults and juniors. Those who prefer sea kayaking can head out to a wide range of destinations depending on experience and ability.
Toward Sailing Club is on the doorstep to a real adventure! Whether it is a short hop over to one of the many eating places on the Isle of Bute or longer cruises to Loch Fyne and beyond, everyone finds something to suit them when sailing and kayaking out of Toward. Even a visit to the north of Ireland is within easy reach of the more adventurous sailor who have a couple of days to spare. There is even a prize for the best cruising log of the year!
Everyone will be assured a warm welcome at Toward Sailing Club!